I had a pretty good week. I hope you did too. And to top it all off, we’ve got friends coming to visit for the weekend and plans to watch movies in the park and go to an event called Off the Grid. It’s a weekly outdoor dinner event where a lot of the best food trucks in SF — and there’s a lot of them in this city that prides itself on approachable foodie food — gather in one spot. There’s music and beer, and you can make your way from truck to truck, tasting anything that sounds good along the way. It’s a great way to kick off the weekend (and split your pants).
Other fun things that happened this week? Okay, fine. If you insist.
- Forget Prince Georgie. Darla (cutest name ever?) is the newest addition to our family and we met last Sunday over brunch. Little Darla slept in my arms for the majority of breakfast, prompting me to fall in love quickly. Trivia fact I learned this week: your cousins’ babies are your first cousins once removed. How’s that for a title? Darla and I are planning on keeping things simple.
- I finally found an armchair for our living room on Craigslist, after scouring it for weeks. It’s comfy and cute and we found it just in time for our guests that arrive this afternoon. Seats for everyone!
- I also finished a book I loved called Tell The Wolves I’m Home. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves tautly written novels that make you feel feelings and think thoughts.
- This fun shift dress from Old Navy arrived in my mailbox yesterday. Now if only San Francisco would warm up, I could wear it.
- I guest blogged on one of my favorite blogs about a bench I found at a local antique fair.
- Also, no big deal, but my sister was named one of Good Housekeeping’s top 5 handmade jewelry sites. Just kidding. It’s a big deal.
I hope you’ve had a good week too and that your weekend is even better. Got any fun plans?